Monday 9 January 2012

Who You Are Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Going Home.


A week of medical tests passed by, and still nothing came up as to what caused my Amnesia, Carlos my *father* popped by everyday to visit me and Johnny my *fiancé* stayed by my side, to keep me company.

“Good morning Anyanka” Dr Jacobs greeted me in a chirpy tone.

“Morning Dr Jacobs, any news?” I asked.

 “Nothing to determine your cause, but I have some good news.” Dr Jacobs replied.

“Brilliant, let me guess, you have a remembering pill? No that’s silly. I sighed.

“Oh, if only Anyanka” He chuckled,
“No, no cure yet, there are some options to look at but we need to give you at least 6 months before other treatments, we need to give your brain a chance to fix itself.”

“What kind of treatment” Johnny spoke up.

“Hypnotherapy, but it doesn’t always work, and like I said we need to give Anyanka’s mind a chance to remember itself, and we can help her with that starting today” Dr Jacobs gave a huge smile.

“How?” Myself and Johnny Chorused.

“Firstly, you get to go home today Anyanka, isn’t that great?”



Dr Jacobs looked to Johnny.

“I’m going to give you some advice pamphlets so you can help Anyanka, it’s best to keep to normal everyday routines which you’re going to need to help her with. Anyanka needs to feel safe and secure, this is going to be a bit like taking your first steps again. You’re lucky to have such a caring FiancĂ© Anyanka, some people come here in your case with nobody.


Then it hit me, I’m going home, I don’t even know where home is! I gave a nervous smile to Dr Jacobs and looked at Johnny.



Just then Carlos De’Bourjarae my *father* walked into the room.

“Morning Angel, how are we feeling today?” He beamed.

“Still Confused” I replied like I was asking a question.

“Dr Jacobs here said Anya can go home today, isn’t that great?” Johnny said wide eyed.



“Really?” Mr De’Bourjourae looked shocked.

“Yes and he said I might be able to have Hypnotherapy in 6 months if my memory is still gone.” I added.

“Oh I’ll doubt you’ll need that pumpkin, I’m sure once you’ve been back in your own home for a few weeks things will come flooding back.” Mr De’Bourjourae said nervously.

“Right then, let’s go do some paper work then so we can get this young lady signed out.” Dr Jacob’s beamed.


Over in Dr Jacobs’s office Mr De’Bourjourae closed the door, seated himself across from Dr Jacobs and said.

“I am concerned about this Hypnotherapy you’ve mentioned”

“Oh it’s nothing to worry about, it’s worked on a lot of people but hopefully she will start remembering little things once she is home.” Replied Dr Jacobs.

“Don’t get me wrong here Dr, I really want Anyanka to get better, and by all means I am no expert in the medical field but I think maybe Anyanka’s mind has done this for a reason.” Mr De’Bourjourae said with a concerned face.

“What exactly to do you mean Mr De’Bourjourae?”

“Well a few months back, one of her closest friends died, she hadn’t been the same since then, I know everyone mourns, but she really beat herself up about Cayce’s death, she blamed herself, she was really suffering depression, maybe she intended to kill herself? Maybe that’s why I couldn’t wake her. The memories of Cayce’s death are buried. I Don’t want my daughter to suffer anymore, maybe rebuilding her memories at home with Johnny and me would be better and we don’t tell her about Cayce?”


“I see, why didn’t you tell me this before?” Dr Jacobs asked concerned.

 “Because I hoped it wasn’t true, you never expect your child to try and take their own life but then waken one day and know nobody. If she did try to kill herself and she remembers this with your Hypno stuff I fear I may loose her and for good next time.”

Dr Jacobs sat in his chair thinking it all through

“Well we can put off the Hypnotherapy for a while, but if her mind does wake up to its old self then we can only keep a close eye on her and maybe counselling?” Replied Dr Jacobs.



“I really would appreciate that Dr”

“Right well if you sign this paper work, then Anyanka can get her things together and get home to where she belongs.”



 Mr De’Bourjourae popped his around Anya’s door.



“Johnny, can I have a word please? Oh Anyanka, all the paper work is finished now so you can get your things together and I’ll drive you and Johnny home.”



“What’s going on Carlos? We don’t have a home!” Johnny said quietly

“Oh yes you do my lad, what do you think I’ve been doing all this time, I’ve been sorting your beautiful home out here in Bridgeport, it faces the sea. I had it built ready for when I got my Anyanka back” Mr De’Bourjourae replied gleefully.

“You what! Are you freaking crazy? You want me to play boyfriend, I thought that was just while she was in here?”








“Well we may as well mould my daughter into what ever we want, you agreed remember Johnny, and you said you’d get my daughter back for me.”

“Look I’ve done my part of the bargain, I got you your daughter back, which was the deal Carlos.” Johnny snapped.

“Oh no your not getting out of it that easily, we know she’s lost her memory else they wouldn’t be releasing her to us, she’d of told by now, and I have to work! So you can wine and dine and play the happy couple so I can keep her.”

“Do I look rich to you Carlos? How am I supposed to do this?”

“You lived with her for 4 months, you should know what she likes Johnny, and don’t worry about the money your father in law with cover all costs” Mr De’Bourjourae winked.

“Alright, I’ll play along for now, but I’m sure as hell not marrying her got it!”

“Is my daughter not good enough for you Johnny?”



  Johnny stormed into Anya’s room.

“Everything ok?” I asked jumping out my skin.

“What? Oh yeah sorry, no worries. Your dad’s gone to get the car, are you about ready to go home?” He replied.




There it is, that word again Home.

“I guess, I’m just scared, I don’t remember home Johnny.” I said tearfully.


 “Hey, it will be ok, you’ve got me, I‘ll look after you.” he said.




 When we got into the car Carlos and Johnny were quiet, there was a tension in the air.

As we drove away from the hospital, I looked at my surroundings, huge skyscrapers, pubs, clubs and tons of shops. Well I’m a city girl huh who’d of thought it?



 We pulled up outside a beautiful modern house, the sea was right out back, and I bet waking up to the morning views would be gorgeous.

“Here we are pumpkin, home sweet home” Carlos said.

“Wow it’s gorgeous“, I said with a gasp.



“It should be darling, I had it built for you” Carlos replied.

“Guess we should go in then.” I said hesitantly.

I’m sorry I have to run pumpkin, I have to go to work, you and Johnny will be fine here right?” Carlos replied.

Johnny’s eyes looked like they were going to pop out his head.

“Uh sure we’ll be fine.” Johnny piped up nervously.

Me and Johnny went inside the house, it was even more gorgeous inside, and I couldn’t believe my eyes. Did I really have such a high standard, I was beginning to think maybe I was a snob.

“So then, anything familiar?” Johnny asked making his way to the sofa.

“No” I replied.

I took a seat on the sofa and turned to face him.





“Johnny, this must be really hard for you, I mean we lived together, we have been together for….”

Then I suddenly realised I didn’t even know how long me and Johnny had been together, my eye’s glazed and I bit my bottom lip.

“Live together” he corrected.

“An it will be 3 years next month.” He added.

“Oh right, yeah sorry live together. Have we lived here long?”

“No, we used to live at your dad’s.”


“Oh, I’m really sorry Johnny, if I could go to sleep and wake up tomorrow with all my memories back I would just so we can be happy again.”


“Umm, yeah right……Are you hungry, I’m starved.” Johnny said quickly moving off the sofa.



“Have I said something wrong Johnny?” I said as I grabbed his hand.




“Nah, it’s not you Anya, it’s just, well you don’t even know who I am right now, I don’t expect you to just give me puppy eye’s and try to pretend everything is ok.” He said letting go.

“Oh, well you of all people know me best, so teach me about myself Johnny so we can be us again, I mean it’s not like you’re some mass murdering psycho who’s kidnapped me for a ransom.” I laughed.

“Ha-ha, ha, No not a murderer.” He moved off into the kitchen.


I followed him to the kitchen and I burst into tears.

“I’m sorry Johnny, you must think me a right craze pot just expecting you to take me in open arms.”

“Oh Anya, come here, I hate to see girls cry, we’ll take it slow ok?” Johnny held me.

“Ok, thank you Johnny.” I sniffed.







“Let me grab some chips and I’ll tell you your 3 favourite things ok?”

“Great.”

Once we finished eating, we went and sat in front of the fire.



“Ok so your most 3 favourite things are…..Drum role please”

I slapped him for being a fool,

“Tell me“, I laughed.

“You love to paint, you used to tell me that when I…urm you get pissed off you paint best, and we loved to Jam together.”

“Jam?” I play an instrument?”

“Yeah we both play the guitar, your loads better than me, you went to music classes and art, and you’re really artistic.”

“Wow, what else?”


“Dancing.”

“Dancing?” I repeated.

“Yeah you love to dance, always walking around with a tune in your head wiggling your hips.” Johnny smirked.


“Really omg.” I laughed.

“Yeah it was really cute.”

Then he suddenly got up, I’ve got to go to the bathroom, be right back.






“Ok” I replied.

Johnny went into the bathroom, and took a long hard look at himself in the mirror.



“What are you doing Johnny?” He said to himself.

“You can’t do this, you’ve already gone 1 too bad getting her here, no more I’m telling you, got to bed and tell Carlos in the morning, your not doing it.” He scorned himself.

“Johnny, you ok in there?” I shouted.

“Yeah, I’m coming now”. He replied.


“Well I don’t know about you but I’m beat, you want the sofa or the bed?” He asked.

“What?” I asked.

We’re taking it slow remember, do you want to sleep on the sofa or the bed?” He repeated.

“Oh, the bed I guess.” I said.




I really Hope you enjoyed reading Chapter 3.

Can Johnny stand up to Carlos De'Bourjourae?
Will Anya be ok if Johnny leaves?

1 comment:

  1. Oh boy...the drama!!! I'm surprised Johnny hasn't taken advantage of Anya's amnesia, but he might yet. I doubt he'll be able to stand up to Carlos. He wanted his daughter back? I wonder why he didn't just get custody - he seems like he's better off than her mother. Weird...can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete