Sunday 8 January 2012

Who You Are Chapter 2

Chapter 2

The Awakening


“Please, please somebody help me, it’s my daughter, and she won’t wake up!” Shouted a man that was beside Johnny, with Anya in his arms.




“Place her on the bed…Quickly” the doctor said.

“What’s her name?” Asked the Doctor.

“Anynaka” the man replied quickly.

“Please gentlemen wait outside in the waiting room while I assess the patient.” The Doctor gestured for Johnny and the man to leave the room.

Whilst Johnny and the man waited, Johnny looked around making sure no-one was listening.

“So are we sticking to the plan?” Johnny asked.




“Should be, depends on what she says when they get her to come round” the man replied.

“She will come round won’t she? I mean she hit the floor unconscious once she’d downed the mixture, and WE can’t even wake her, I knew we should have tested it first.”

“Aww we all sentimental for her? Maybe you put too much in, don’t ruin the plan Johnny.” The man chuckled.

“No, not at all, I just don’t want to go down for murder, your positive she won’t remember anything?” Johnny looked worried.

“Trust me Johnny boy, have I ever failed at a plan before?”


Back in the assessment room…








“That’s it sweetheart, don’t try to move you’re in good hands here”. Said a voice staring over me.

“Whe…where am I?” I said trying to focus, everything was blurry and spinning.

“It’s ok Anyanka, your safe your in the hospital.” the doctor replied.

“Hospital?”

“Yes don’t worry now. Did you feel unwell before you went to sleep?” The doctor asked.

“Sleep?” I replied.


“Anyanka, can you tell me what you remember doing last?”

“Anyanka? Why do you keep saying that?”

“It’s ok don’t worry, just rest while I go speak to your family.” The doctor left the room


“Hello Mr, oh I am sorry I didn’t get your Name.”

“It’s Mr De'Bourjarae, and this is Johnny, Johnny Lloyd.

“I am Dr Jacobs, may I speak with you privately Mr De’Bourjarae?

“What’s happened is she awake?” Johnny looked worried.

“Yes she’s awake, no visitors quite yet, she’s, well I need to discuss things with her father, family policy.”

“That’s quite alright Dr Jacobs, Johnny here is my daughter’s fiancé they live together.”


“Oh I see, well then you probably both want to join me in my office.”




“I’d like to see my daughter.”

“I’m sorry but we need to undertake some test, and I need to ask you both some questions.”

“What sort of questions?” Johnny asked nervously

“Can either of you tell me what Anyanka was doing before she went to sleep? Did she have a bump? Mention feeling unwell?”

“We were at the Grind, it’s a dance club, we went out for some drinks, she did say she didn’t feel great and we came home early, we were staying at her fathers, so I took her there and I put her bed.” Johnny replied confidently.

“I see” Said the doctor.

“I went in and checked on her at about quarter to 9 this morning, and I couldn’t wake her so I fetched her father.” He continued.

“Yes that’s right, I called to her several times, I even tried sitting her up but she seemed limp, that’s when we put her in the car and rushed her here.” Her father added.

“Hmm I see” said the doctor.

“What’s this all about, when can I see my daughter?”

“It’s like she has concussion or something, I’m going to run some more tests on her, but I’ll let you see her first, but only briefly mind you.” Dr Jacobs confirmed.

Mr De’Bourjorae and Johnny looked at each other.

“Ok Doc, will she be ok?” Johnny asked nervously.

“She should be, but just be aware, she is very confused right now.”



The Doctor led Johnny and Mr De’Bourjarae into Anya’s room.


“Anyanka, I’ve bought your father and Johnny in to see you, they can’t stay long we need to run some more test’s ok?”

“My father?” I repeated confused.

I looked at a man wearing a Suit, and then to a younger looking guy.

“Anya, my darling, you had us so worried” said the man in the suit.



The younger looking guy made his way to the side of me.

“Are you ok Anya? Do you feel better?” he asked looking and sounding all concerned.

“Do I know either of you?” I asked.

Mr De’Bourjarae turned to the doctor.

“What’s the matter with her?”

“Just as I thought, Amnesia said the doctor.”

“Amnesia? Why doesn’t she know her own family?” Said Mr De’bourjarae.

“Depends what kind she has” Replied the doctor.

Turning his attention back to me, the man in the suit said.

“Anyanka, it’s me your father, Carlos De‘Bourjarae, you don’t recognise me? An see it’s Johnny, you can’t forget you’re Fiancée?”

“Fiancée?” I repeated.


Thankyou for reading chapter 2, I hope you have enjoyed it.

Will Anya snap out of it? Find out next time.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! What are they planning? Johnny is such a coward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, who is the guy in the suit and what's he planning with Johnny? Or maybe he really is her father, or he could be posing as him. Either way, this isn't good. Poor Anya! I hope she's okay! Off to read chapter 3!

    ReplyDelete